Friday, April 20, 2012

Adventures in Chuck town!

Hello all! Been a little busy lately but thought I would fill you in on our recent adventure! A friend of mine here in NC and her daughter (Corbin's GF) took a trip to Charleston, SC. This is my friends hometown so she acted as our tour guide. It gave us a chance to have some time away from home, with our babies, and to enjoy ourselves. Now before we left we were well aware of what we may be getting into... Let me explain.... We have been hanging out since our little ones were about four months old and it has been such a joy to watch our little nuggets grow up together, see they are only about 2 weeks apart, Corbin being older than TL. Well my little monster has always been the bully in the friendship and poor TL has taken a beating, well since she has gotten older she has gotten better at dishing out the beatings as well so anytime these two get together its always an adventure, and since they are both very mobile we never can tell what we will get into.

Well we started our road trip very early in the morning and kept our fingers crossed that we didn't have any melt downs and thankfully we didn't. Both kids did great in the car! The first night we enjoyed spending time with my friends mama and having a cook out and both kids enjoyed getting lovins from 'Grand-mommy' and playing. That night in the hotel, oh what a trip. My monster was the first to climb up on the AC unit and bang on the window and monkey see monkey do so TL joined him. The next day we spend time exploring downtown Charleston and seeing the sights. I was really showing my tourist side, I saw a cruise ship and got so excited lol I guess I need to get out more. We enjoyed checking out Waterfront park and letting the kids play in the fountains and chasing squirrel, and the historic downtown market. That night we headed back to the hotel early because we were all beat. We enjoyed some delicious pizza and french fries and played with the kids in the pool. We made our way back to NC the next day and again we made it back with out any serious issues. All in all the trip was a great success, the kids had fun, the adults had fun, and we are still friends (ha ha). I can see us taking a trip somewhere else again someday. Here are a few shots from the trip, enjoy!






No comments:

Post a Comment